Discrete and continuous Hamiltonian systems for wave modelling. N2 - The main focus of this thesis is to develop numerical discretisations for both compressible and incompressible inviscid flows that also preserve conservation laws at the discrete level. Two alternative approaches are discussed in detail: a semi-analytical solution; and, a fully numerical discretisation. The semi-analytical solution is derived for the case of incompressible inertial gyroscopic waves in a three-dimensional rotating rectangular parallelepiped.
Linear programming and discrete optimization with Python using PuLP
By performing a detailed numerical comparison it is shown that the semi-analytical solution vastly improves on the state-of-the-art solution previously available in the literature. Despite the improved accuracy of this new semi-analytical solution, further comprehensive investigations revealed a small weakness near the boundaries of the domain. A novel finite element method is derived that compensates for the known weaknesses in both the original and new semi-analytical approaches. This numerical approach allowed further investigation of inertial waves and associated physical phenomena.
Subsequently, the thesis investigates the development of conservation law preserving Hamiltonian discretisations modelling in compressible fluid flow in three-dimensional domains with various boundary conditions. The continuous Hamiltonian description of the physical phenomenon is discretised via a discontinuous Galerkin method, which allows the construction of highly stable, conservative, energy preserving numerical discretisations for both the compressible and incompressible cases.
This numerical scheme preserves the Hamiltonian mathematical structure even at the discrete level, which facilitates highly accurate and robust simulations of in compressible fluid flows. For the particular case of inertial gyroscopic waves this numerical scheme is more robust and accurate than the corresponding aforementioned semi-analytical solutions.
- Best Speeches of the 2008 Democratic Convention (Full Text): Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton & More;
- Pioneers of microbiology and the Nobel prize!
- Techniques in Discrete and Continuous Robust Systems, Volume 74 - 1st Edition.
- Culture in School Learning: Revealing the Deep Meaning.
- Bipolar Disorder: A Guide for the Newly Diagnosed: Proven Solutions for Immediate Help (Guides for the Newly Diagnosed Series).
The discussion evolves around the philosophy, design principles and aim of the package. This Site. Google Scholar.
Control theory - Wikipedia
Karl Hedrick J. Karl Hedrick.
- Computing the Optical Properties of Large Systems.
- Investigating Pristine Inner Experience: Moments of Truth Paperback;
- Professional .NET Network Programming.
- Techniques in Discrete and Continuous Robust Systems: Advances in Theory and Applications!
- Shipping in Arctic Waters: A comparison of the Northeast, Northwest and Trans Polar Passages?
- Fler böcker av Cornelius T Leondes.
- Model Construction with GPSS-FORTRAN Version 3.
Author and Article Information. Jung-ho Kim.
- Table of Contents!
- Business Research Methods.
- Seeress of Kell (The Malloreon, Book 5).
- MRI: A Conceptual Overview.
- Lincoln: A Photobiography;
Dec , 4 : 10 pages. Published Online: February 4, Article history Received:. Views Icon Views.
Issue Section:. Su, W. Kim, J. American Control Conference , pp.
Yu, X. Garofalo and L.
Glielmo, eds. Furuta, K. Won, M. Choi, B. Na, I. You do not currently have access to this content. Learn about subscription and purchase options. Product added to cart. Accepted Manuscript Alert. Article Activity Alert.
Related Techniques in Discrete and Continuous Robust Systems
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved